Let’s start of with the possible disadvantages of traveling with money, but without a fixed home or job. Some might be valid reasons not to engage in a World Trip Forever.
- Homesickness. Ahh, the family and friends. You would miss your family too much. Skype and other free programs on the internet offer you a very cheap way of connecting with your homelands these days.
- Herd control. Humans are herd animals. Whether you like it or not, somehow somewhere you are member of a herd too. The peers in that herd might be your parents, your best friends and they might judge you for traveling World Trip Forever style. It’s up to you if you can understand and be aware of the concerns of the peers in your herd, while still listening to what your heart tells you to do.
- Language barriers. Not speaking a language today, doesn’t mean you wouldn’t understand it or cannot speak it by tomorrow. The famous “I’m not good in languages” excuse is just another way of saying you don’t want to spend the effort. On top of that learning languages in boring classes from non-native teachers is something totally different than learning it by being dropped in the culture. Language only makes sense in it’s own culture.
- Isolation: One of the biggest risks of tripping with money is that you are not required to mingle with the locals. You might become isolate and lonely if you depend too much on money and just sit tight.
And here’s a quick-list of advantages for your formula.
- No Health risk. Since you have money, you’ll be able to buy medicine and (some form of healthcare).
- No worries. You can completely let go of your worries about the (financial) future. You’ll work when you need money, you’ll chill out when you’re done working.
- Legal. With money you’ll be able to buy visa and other required documents to participate in the bureaucracy that rules this planet.
- Safe. Buy travel insurance if you like. You can pretty much buy everything that would make you feel safer.
- Healthy. The food the locals serve you often contains certain essential vitamins, which your body needs for the specific region you are traveling (e.g.: for protection against local diseases or insect bites). If you currently overweight, chances are you are going to be back the old one after a few weeks!
- Relaxed. When the worries are gone, and you have no appointments or schedules to follow anymore, you can fully enjoy the moment and live completely in the now. You have time to forgive the past, enjoy the present and dream your desired future. You can do that. Anyone can do that.
- Endless freedom. You have the freedom to do what you want and don’t want. The Universe will always respond in kind.
- The best school for kids. Who said this is nothing for kids? It is by far the best school kids can dream of. They see the world, instead of being thought about it. They learn to play with kids of all kinds of cultures.
Traveling is one of the best ways to acquire more wisdom. You make new friends, you get in touch with different cultures, … it’s hard to find an argument against doing a world trip. Next up: requirements!